Release Notes for Version 7.0
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Release date: TBD in 2020
Color4Cclass has been renamed to
Color4Uto reflect the fact that it has unsigned components. There are also new classes called
Color4S, where the number 2 or 4 indicates the number of channels, and the letter U or S indicates unsigned or signed.
- Support for the Open Data Description Language (OpenDDL) has been updated to version 3.0.
- Complete support for proper sRGB color handling has been implemented throughout the engine.
- Rendering resolution decoupled from display.
- SSAO/HBAO improved.
- Parallax mapping improved.
- CSM improved.
- Halo normalization + geometry optimization
- Atmospheric shadowing.
- Radiosity -> Illuminance.
- Shader LOD removed.
- Motor skinning.
- Icon / picture widgets.
- Icon / picture effects.
- Icons updated.
- Paint space flow maps.
- Illuminance spaces. (Progress shown in taskbar.)
- itexture and inormal commands.
- Interpolant processes are now colored blue to make them easier to identify in a shader graph.
- The Minimum and Maximum processes can now take an optional third operand. If three operands are supplied, then the result is the least or greatest of all three inputs.
- Font importing capabilities have been upgraded to Slug version 5.2. In particular,
.otffiles are supported in addition to